Hiking with children is fun! To ensure that you and your children return back home safe and sound, you can find the best and most important tips for family hiking tours here, without putting yourself in any danger.
- Plan your tour in detail and adapt the route to suit the weakest.
- With children, hiking tours need to offer plenty of variety and be neither too long nor too steep.
- Take regular breaks, ideally at the mountain huts, viewing platforms, lakes and other attractions.
- A playground, stream and couple of climbing rocks are available to keep children amused while you take a break.
- Motivate your children en route with games, walking songs and short competitions (e.g. who can find the best walking stick?).
- Stay on the marked trails for your own safety and out of respect for the plants and animals.